Reports To: Director of Facilities
Employment Type: Full-Time / 40 hours per week
Classification: Non-Exempt / Hourly
The Special Projects Technician is a jack of many trades and is vital to the ongoing operations of Antioch Waco. The role of Special Projects Technician is to contribute their giftings, skills and abilities in support of seeing the apostolic visions of Antioch’s leaders and departments come to life. Primary responsibility will be to use their unique skills to design and build products for facilities across campus, maintain equipment for special projects, and assist in repairing facilities and property. Responsibilities will also include working with the larger facilities team to set-up and tear-down for events and perform janitorial duties as necessary.
- Special Projects (30%): Design and build products that support the apostolic vision and concepts of leaders and departments at Antioch Waco.
- Campus Care (30%): Maintain and repair facilities and equipment that allow for continued operations across campus to include painting, drywall and basic mechanical, electrical and plumbing.
- Campus Operations Support (25%): Assist in the set-up/tear-down for weekly events and scheduled special events.
- Janitorial (15%): Assist in performing janitorial duties in support of campus events to include cleaning and vacuuming rooms, restrooms and hallways, emptying receptacles, and responding to staff and guest requests.
- Strong customer focus and excellent time-management skills
- Intermediate experience in carpentry and metal work
- Basic repair/maintenance experience (paint, drywall, welding, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, etc.)
- Able to perform physical labor to include: lifting up to 50 lbs., using cleaning chemicals, and being in constant motion
- Spiritual gifts of helps, service, and/or leadership preferred
- Builds Trust
- Builds Relationships
- Customer Service
- Worth Ethic
- Attention to Detail
- Establish Priorities
- Time Utilization
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility.
This position may require limited travel requirements for training and professional development opportunities.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
- Work will will consistently involve both indoor and outdoor duties
- Work will occasionally require exposure to weather extremes
- Work will frequently be performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors and noise
- Frequent demands requiring ability to maintain close visual attention
- Frequent demands requiring prolonged mental concentration
- Work will rarely require hazards that may result in injury, lost time, total disability, death, or threat to one's personal health
Since Antioch Waco began in 1999, we have been a people who have a passion for Jesus and His purposes in the earth. We believe that Jesus through the church is the hope of the world and want to see more of Jesus in our city, nation and the nations of the earth. We believe church is more than just a Sunday gathering. It is more fully found through our personal devotion to Jesus, discipleship relationships, house to house small groups (called Lifegroups), gathering corporately on Sundays and living on mission in whatever sphere of society God has called you.
Our mission is to make disciples that encounter God, disciple others and live on mission in our city, nation and the nations of the earth.
Hiring Update (3/23): Due to the health and economic situation currently impacting our community, Antioch Waco will not be making any hiring decisions through at earliest, April 30, 2020. We will continue to accept applications and conduct initial phone and/or video interviews for posted positions, and will continue to monitor the ongoing situation and update our website regularly.
Company Website: antiochwaco.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)