Department: Tech Department
Reports To: Technical Director
Employment Type: Full-Time
Classification: Non-Exempt / Hourly
The Technical Specialist serves to minimize distractions and uses technology to point people to Jesus by creating an atmosphere to Encounter God. They are primarily responsible for executing projects aimed to enhance and maintain the technical infrastructure of our church according to industry best practices. In addition, they utilize their skills and expertise to enhance production quality in weekly services and special events as necessary.
- Work with the Technical Director to implement and execute projects that enhance and maintain existing infrastructure and systems - 70%
- Execute and provide technical input for stage tech projects
- Maintain an inventory of all tech equipment on campus
- Repair, replace and upgrade equipment as necessary
- Assist in the recruitment, development, shepherding and training of a strong team of Pillars - 15%
- Serve as a back-up to provide technical support for weekly services (may require nights and/or weekends) - 15%
- Owner (member) of Antioch Waco or take necessary steps to become an Owner within 60 days
- Currently attend or actively seeking to join and/or lead an Antioch Lifegroup
- An Associate degree or technical degree is preferred, but not required
- 1-2 years' experience working in a live production or church environment
- Self-starter with an ability to follow directions and see projects through to completion
- Work well with a collaborative team of staff and Pillars
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills in working with and coaching people of all ages
- A humble lifelong learner that displays the posture of a learner
- Familiar and proficient with prominent AVL (Audio, Video, and Lighting) systems
- Strong understanding of safe AVL system installation
- Familiarity with digital video cameras and switch operations preferred
- Experience with Pro Presenter preferred
- Experience with Planning Center Online preferred
- Builds Trust
- Builds Relationships
- Customer Service
- Worth Ethic
- Attention to Detail
- Creative Problem Solving
- Technical Knowledge
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility but will help to coach a team of Tech Pillars.
This position may require limited travel requirements for training and professional development opportunities or other events.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
- Work will consistently be performed in a normal office environment
- Work will consistently be performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Work will occasionally require lifting, adjusting or moving objects up to 75 pounds in all directions
- Work will consistently require climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, and pulling
- Frequent demands requiring ability to maintain close visual attention
- Frequent demands requiring prolonged mental concentration
Since Antioch Waco began in 1999, we have been a people who have a passion for Jesus and His purposes in the earth. We believe that Jesus through the church is the hope of the world and want to see more of Jesus in our city, nation and the nations of the earth. We believe church is more than just a Sunday gathering. It is more fully found through our personal devotion to Jesus, discipleship relationships, house to house small groups (called Lifegroups), gathering corporately on Sundays and living on mission in whatever sphere of society God has called you.
Our mission is to make disciples that encounter God, disciple others and live on mission in our city, nation and the nations of the earth.
Hiring Update (3/23): Due to the health and economic situation currently impacting our community, Antioch Waco will not be making any hiring decisions through at earliest, April 30, 2020. We will continue to accept applications and conduct initial phone and/or video interviews for posted positions, and will continue to monitor the ongoing situation and update our website regularly.
Company Website: antiochwaco.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)